Learn Everything on how to play Fortnite on Mac, minimum system requirements on mac & Is Fortnite playable on the new M1 Macbooks.
While gameplay is important in determining whether or not a game is a success, it is not the only factor to consider. Games can reach a bigger audience thanks to availability, and Fortnite was a gold mine from the start.
The game’s system requirements were easily met by low-end PCs, and it immediately became a hit. Epic Games was also quick to bring the game to other platforms, such as consoles and mobile phones, ensuring that it was available to almost everyone.
Although Macs are mostly recognized as productivity PCs, all gamers will naturally wonder if their Mac can manage some gaming. Indie games perform smoothly on Macs, but Fortnite may be a stretch because you’ll be playing with 99 other people, effectively boosting the amount of visuals you’ll need to render.
However, Fortnite has been thoroughly optimized for MacOS, so you should enjoy a good gameplay experience. Although you shouldn’t expect gaming PC-level performance, you should be able to obtain reasonably decent frame rates.
Important: Epic Games has stopped upgrading Fortnite to Apple devices, including iOS and MacOS, from late August 2020. The shift comes directly as a result of Epic Games and Apple’s continuing disputes. Although it is still possible to download Fortnite for Mac, it will still not be possible to participate in play at the last season or cross-platform games (play against PCs, Android, or console gamers).
Read More: How To Get Better Fps In Fortnite
This guide will show you how to play Fortnite on your Mac.
Use the Epic Games Launcher to get it.
Unlike other popular games such as Among Us, Fortnite is completely optimized for Mac. Epic has included everything in a single installation, so if you’ve already downloaded Fortnite for PC, the process should be familiar and straightforward.
- Go to the Fortnite website and click the yellow “Download” symbol in the upper right corner.
- You’ll be asked which platform you want to play on after hitting the “Download” button. To proceed, select “PC/Mac.”
- When you click “Sign In,” you’ll be prompted to enter your login information. If you don’t already have an Epic account, you can create one by selecting the most convenient “Sign Up” option.
- You’ll be taken to a download page after entering your information, and the Epic Games launcher’s “.dmg” file should begin downloading automatically.
- If it does not start downloading automatically, select the Mac icon from the list and start it manually.
- To finish the installation procedure, run the Epic Games Launcher “.dmg” file and drag the Epic Games Launcher icon to the Applications folder.
- Allow the Epic Games launcher to complete its update.
- Following the update, the Epic Games launcher should automatically run, and you’ll need to go to the “Library” section to download Fortnite.
- If this is the first time you’ve installed Fortnite on your Epic account, go to “Store” and search for “Fortnite” to add it to your library.
- Below Fortnite, click the “Install” button to begin downloading the game.
- When the Epic Games launcher encourages you with a pop-up announcing the game is ready to play, you’ll be able to play Fortnite without any problems.
- Despite the fact that Fortnite does its best to optimize your settings to your hardware, we still recommend checking your graphical settings. Setting these to lower numbers can drastically increase your frames per second, and even the most competitive players like to keep everything at low since it makes it easier to discern enemies.
Make sure your hardware is capable of running Fortnite, since a Mac that isn’t will not provide a great gaming experience.
For Fortnite on Mac, the minimum system requirements are as follows:
On a PC, Intel HD 4000 is required, whereas on a Mac, Intel Iris Pro 5200 or an AMD GPU equivalent is required.
Core i3-3225 (3.3 GHz) processor
4 GB RAM memory
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 or Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
Is Fortnite playable on the new M1 silicon Macbooks?
While other developers are still working on making their games compatible with Apple’s new CPU, Epic has already made Fortnite playable on M1/silicon Macs. After that, you may install Epic Games launcher and Fortnite on your silicon Mac using the same approach as before.
The performance is comparable to earlier generations, and in certain circumstances, considerably better. The gaming performance of silicon Mac devices is likely to improve in the following generations, and more titles should be released in the coming months for the chipset.
Because of Epic’s recent spat with Apple, Fortnite players using Apple devices will have to play an outdated version of the game. This implies that anyone playing Fortnite on a Mac will be unable to use the game’s cross-platform feature and would be limited to forming squads with players who are also using Apple devices.