Minecraft is a game available all around the world. Game designers keep releasing new expansions, which we can update Minecraft manually or automatically when they’re released. The post will guide you with updating your Minecraft version.
Before you update the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft, make sure your Windows 10 is up to date with the latest version.
If you’ve already pre-version of Minecraft, skip to update steps.
- To open the Settings menu, press and hold the Windows logo key and + I key together .
- Click “Update & Security”
3. Select the Windows Update tab on the left, and then click Check for updates.
Update your Minecraft Windows 10 edition
1.To update the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft, follow these steps:
2.Click the top right corner of your screen and select Downloads and updates.
Click Get updates.
After doing this, Microsoft Store will install the latest updates for all the apps you have through it. That includes Minecraft.
There are a few ways to fix the problem if you can’t update your Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.
Minecraft Windows 10 edition won’t update
If your Minecraft won’t update, there are 2 fixes you could try.
Fix 1: Reset Minecraft
- Press the Windows button + I and then tap the Settings app.
- Tap on Apps.
- Select the Apps & features tab on the left.
- In the right panel, scroll down to find Minecraft.
- Click Advanced Options in the Minecraft menu.
- Click Reset.
- Go to Microsoft Store in Microsoft Store you can check for updates.
Fix 2: Reinstall Minecraft
In case this method does not work, you can reinstall Minecraft to fix the issue.
- Hold down the Windows key and then press R.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the window and press Enter.
- Right-click on the game and select Uninstall
- Now, to open File Explorer, press Windows logo + E.
- In the address bar type %Appdata% and Enter.
- Search the Minecraft folder and delete it.
- Go to the official website of Minecraft to download the latest version of the game.
- Install and run the program to check for updates.
Read More: How To Make A Banner In Minecraft
Bonus tip: Update your drivers
To get a better gaming experience, it’s recommended to update your graphics card drivers.
Graphics card manufacturers like Nvidia, AMD and Intel release new drivers that fix bugs and improve the gaming performance on a regular basis.
You may not be able to enjoy the optimal gaming experience or run into the Control crash issue if you are using outdated graphics drivers.
In order to prevent and fix problems, you need to update your drivers.
There are two ways to update your drivers:
Manual driver update – You can manually update the graphics drivers on your computer by going to the manufacturer’s website for your graphics card, and simply searching for the most current correct driver. Choose only drivers compatible with your Windows version to be sure.
Automatic driver update – You can keep your computer’s drivers up to date automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically find the correct drivers for your exact computer system, including any graphics cards and whichever Windows version you have installed.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- To have Driver Easy scan your computer and find any driver problems, click on Scan Now.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install all drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. You will have to upgrade to the Pro version of Driver Easy in order to do this.
[ 🍩 ]
@ minecrafting tweeted :
new minecraft update lookin pretty good ngl pic.twitter.com/Ye3BlvQmhW
— — campbell ; modern au event! 🍩 (@DYNAMITEKlNDLE) August 17, 2021
You have nothing to worry about; the app comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee so if you don’t like it, you can get your money back.
(Alternatively, if you’re comfortable manually installing drivers, click the Update button next to each flagged device in the free version to automatically download the correct driver. Once it’s downloaded, you can manually install it.)