In Fortnite, there are two ways to change your Fortnite name: through the Official Website or Epic Games launcher. We’ll be taking a close look at both methods to cover all your bases.
To start with the website method, you’ll need to click on the “Sign In” button that should be located toward the top right corner of your screen. When you click on the prompt that appears, select “No” and press Sign-in at the bottom of the menu.
Log in to your account and enter your details. You will be directed to the main page and the name of your account will appear on the top right corner. Please click on your name and then the Account option on top of the drop-down menu.
Your Display Name is located under the General tab and can be changed by clicking the pencil icon next to it.
Alternatively, you can log in to the Epic Games launcher and click on your name on the bottom left. As a result of the navigation paradigm on this page, when you click Manage Account, the pop-up should open to the last step of the initial method.
Keep in mind that you can only change your account name once every two weeks, so there is always a chance to come up with a crazy name.
How to change your Fortnite name on PS4 and PS5?
Players on PC will be able to change their names more often, PS4 and PS5 players will be able to change their names once without charge. Additional character slots will be locked behind a paywall, meaning you’ll want to come up with the coolest name possible to make the most out of your first free slot.
You can change your PlayStation Network nickname (PSN ID) in the console settings or on a computer, but doing it through the browser is easier.
- Navigate to the official website of your PlayStation Network and login with credentials.
- Click on the PlayStation button that will be next to your name
- To change your Fortnite name, choose Profile.
- Click the edit profile button below your profile picture to make changes.
- Go to your profile and click the Edit button next to Online ID
- Agree to the terms of service to enter your new name in the space provided.
To perform a name change on Fortnite, you’ll need to complete the process and then your PSN ID will also change. This means that your new gameplay name is now set in all other games currently installed on your console. For those who have Fortnite name changes under their belt already with PS Plus, there’s an additional charge for extra Fortnite name changes while non-subscribers pay around 10 dollars for name changes.
Read More: How To Get Free Skins In Fortnite
How to change your Fortnite name on Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One?
Like PlayStation players, Fortnite gamers on Xbox One will need to change their gamertags if they want to play with a new name; though the process is relatively straightforward.
To change your Fortnite name on Xbox model X and S, you’ll need to:
- Navigate to the Xbox home screen at any time.
- On the top left of your screen, you will see a profile selection.
- Players can select their profiles from the drop-down menu.
- You can customize your profile, including a name, by clicking on Customize Profile.
- Change your Gamertag by selecting a new one from the list of suggestions.
- In order to edit your username, find out whether or not the name exists.
To change your Fortnite: Battle Royale name on Xbox One, you’ll need to:
- Hold down the green Xbox button on your controller
- To change your username to a new one, head to the Profile/System tab.
- On the left side of the screen, click on My Profile, then Customize Profile
- Tap and hold the box next to your Gamertag and you will be able to edit it.
- Before you can change your username, make sure the new name you want is available.
How can you change your name in Fortnite on Nintendo Switch?
The Nintendo Switch relies on Epic’s own network when deciding on players’ in-game names, meaning that you can change your username in Fortnite without changing the name tied to your account.
Changing your Fortnite account name can now be done through the game’s official website. You will be able to log in with your Nintendo account if you have not already logged onto the website before.
- Head over to Fortnite’s official website
- Click the Sign In button in the top right corner
- Identify the email address you associate with your account and then enter your credentials.
- After logging into your Fortnite account, you will return to the main page
- The Sign In button will be replaced with your current in-game username.
- To change your Fortnite username, click on your name and select Account.
- On the General tab, there is a pencil icon where your name will be listed. Click on this to edit the text.